September 8, 2008
Hey you all,
So yep, I'm being transferred tomorrow to Murfreesboro, to the Blackman Branch. It's actually right next to our current area/ward, but in a totally different stake/zone and everything. And apparently it just got made a ward a few weeks ago. And Sis. Ross's (who we live with) son, Scott, who we know cuz we live in his parents' house, lives in that ward. So i'll still be able to keep a little bit in contact with the Ross's, so that's good.
I was actually very surprised when I found out that I was being transferred; I thought I'd be here at least one more transfer, with my comp being so new. But the Lord has other things in mind for me and for this area. My new comp will be Sister Buhler, and she has been out 2 transfers, but she's been trained by a fantastic missionary, so I'm sure she is great herself, so I'm excited. I'm sad to leave this ward and a lot of the people we are working with, but excited for change as well. It'll be good to be in a new area.
This week we taught 2 new awesome investigators. We are really excited about them. One is Tammy, and her son, Tae, got bap. like 7 or so years ago, and she went to church with him 2 or 3 times, and we taught her the other day, and she is golden. Before we finished the lesson, she asked how we know if it's the true church, like we said (love those questions). And she said that she's been kindof looking for the truth (more or less) for about the last 3 years. She was completely set on coming to church at our lesson, in fact, she brought it up before we could even invite her. Love that. She didn't come yesterday for some reason, we're not sure why yet. Hopefully that doesn't mean anything.
Then we taught this guy, Melvin, who is a really great person. He's black, about 23, and such a nice guy. Really sincere and respectful, and open. He wanted to come to church but had to work already. But he said he'd read from the BOM and pray about it. We're excited about him too. Sis. Arnell and I met him at Kroger a few months ago, then bonked us (he wasn't there when we went to teach him); but then Sis. Dickson and I met him again the other day in this neighborhood--he was at some friends' house, who we were talking to (a bunch of black guys, some kindof punks, it was great :), and he was like, "hey, I met you at Kroger" and I was like, "Oh, yeah, are you the one that lives in...?" And he was like yeah, and so anyway, he said he was sorry for not being there last time, that he got our note (we live by stickys), and that we could come back again. So we did, and he was there, and the lesson was great. So that's Melvin. But you all may not hear what happens to these 2, cuz I'm leaving. Sorry. I'll update if I hear and it's worth telling. :)
But things are going well for me, I hit my 6 month mark a few days ago, and I can't believe I've been gone that long. Time really does fly out here. The mission is great though, I can't imagine not having come on one. I have come to learn and appreciate so many things from being here. The Gospel is so amazing, it is SO true. I testify that this truly is God's true and living church on the earth, that the prophets in the Bible testify would be lost, and then restored; that the BOM is a true book, and a second witness of Jesus Christ, and that we do have a Prophet of God walking on this earth right now; and what a blessing that is: that we don't have to wonder which interpretation of the scriptures is right, that there is no need to argue or debate them. I love the Book of Mormon so much.
And I love all of you--thank you so much for your support and prayers!
Love, Sister Gurr
PS--FYI, Brett Raymond (LDS musician) lives in the ward next to us; and...I found out something else cool, famous-wise, this week..I can't remember now. Oh well. Have a good week!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment