November 10, 2008
So this week was an exciting one--we sisters got to go on exchanges!! It was exciting because the sisters rarely get to do exchanges because we're a lot farther apart than the elders, and there's no traveling assistant sister to come to us or anything. But for multiple reasons, we got permission this week to do an exchange from Pres. Hutchings; so from thurs. to sat. I was up in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee with Sister Smith (from CA) and her comp came down here to M'boro. I have wanted to be companions with Sister Smith for a while now, because when we have been around each other at like transfer meetings and zone conferences, etc., I could tell we clique (sp?). And I don't think we'll ever be companions, so I was excited to get to be her comp for a few days at least. It was such a blast! Sister Smith is so great and we had so much fun teaching together and contacting together, and it was very productive too.
The fall here is SO beautiful!! The leaves are starting to really fall off the trees, but the colors are amazing! we have been loving this season in this here Tennessee!
Bytheway, I'm glad you all got the pictures. I was a little nervous about that email, especially cuz there were so many pictures. But to explain the cotton field one: "the field is white, already to harvest" haha... in case you didn't think of it. :)
Yesterday we taught Relief Society on the 2nd Coming and Millenium (the teacher was sick, we were asked the night before--Mom, no, I've never had to speak in a sac. mtg. yet on my mission), and it went really well. It's so exciting to know that we really are in the last days, and that Christ really is coming. And we don't have to fear as long as we are doing the small things God has asked us to do, like daily scripture study (SO important), daily prayer, going to church every sunday, family home evening, etc. They are such small and simple things, yet we get to busy that sometimes we get out of the habit of doing those things. But I have such a testimony that if we just stick to the little things, everything else will fall into place and our lives will be filled with so much more joy and peace. Especially in our families. Satan is sure working hard right now to tear the family apart. We just need to stay close to the gospel; that's truly where safety lies.
Dad, yes!! You can send me pictures! Please do! :)
I love you all!
Love, Sister Gurr
pics:
my pumpkin (only mine, not sis. Buhler's, weird) grew a ridiculous amount of mold really quickly, and was leaking like it was in a pool. Weird.
sis. Smith (tall one) and I in Mt. Juliet in front of some beautiful colors!
Fall in TN
Our district walking to the library at MTSU to email just a little bit ago (that's me TODAY :)
No comments:
Post a Comment