May 28, 2008
Hey family and friends,
So this week's email has been delayed because our p-day got changed to tues this week because we got to go to the temple, and the temple is closed on mondays, and we could have done emailing anyway on monday, but it was a holiday, so the library was closed. But we are taking our lunch hour today to check email instead because we were in the area from our district meeting. Anyway, since you all wanted to know all those details...
So yesterday was the greatest day--we got to go to the temple and hang out for P-day with our whole zone at the church and lots of elders played bball, and we played volleyball and had a cook-out at the church and it was so much fun! I have a new best friend in the mission, Sister Williams, whom I love. She's only been out one transfer longer than me, and we really get along and she really likes volleyball too. We hope to be companions someday...:) We also had interviews with Pres. Lords, which were our last interviews with him before they go home in the beginning of July. Our new pres. is Pres. Hutchinson I think. They will be here sometime next transfer I believe, which starts in less than 3 weeks--crazy, time is flying.
But last night my comp and I got to go back to the temple and see Cory Crouch, our 16-yr-old baptism get sealed to his parents. That was really neat to see; however, somewhat anti-climactic in my opinion. I hope I am not being sacreligious in saying that, but once we were actually in the sealing room, it didn't take but about 5 minutes, literally, and then it was done and we left. But it was still really neat to see, and now they will be a family forever!
This coming week should be good--we have some new investigators, multiple teaching appointments, and we are planning on setting a baptismal date with the Campbell's tomorrow night! We don't think they will have a problem with accepting it, other than they have been very busy with moving out of their house and trying to fix it up so they can sell it. They are so ready for the gospel, but just really busy with that. So busy that they weren't able to come to church on sunday. But hopefully this sunday--pray that they will really want to come and be able to.
Oh, extra, extra! The Elskamps came to church on sunday!!!!!!! Hallelujah! After teaching them once a week for about 7 weeks, Brother and Sis. Elskamp finally came (hopefully their kids will follow soon)! It was literally a miracle, and it made what had started out as a rough day sunday into a good day. Thank you for your prayers for them!!
Love you all,
Sis. Gurr
PS--Hi Grandma Froerer! Thank you so much for the package and letter!! I LOVED it! My comp and district love the toffee as well! And to answer your question, no, not so many olives out here; in fact, I don't think I've eaten one olive out here on my mission yet. But you know who I think of and whose sleeping mouth I would love to put one in...Watch out, I'll get my chance eventually ;) I love you!!! And thank you for all the cousin and relative updates! You are the best!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment