Thursday, November 13, 2008

Great Week!

July 28, 2008

Hey, I have little time, but the greatest news of the week is that, who would have guessed it, but Heather got baptized yesterday!!! Can you believe it?! There definitely IS a God and He is good, I tell you what. In a nutshell, we taught her a couple times this week, brought the spirit back in her life, plus she got her bi-polar meds refilled, which really helped :), and she had a great experience with the spirit a few days ago telling her she needed to be baptized. Hallelujah! The baptism went really well, and she even took out her tongue ring finally, right before church yesterday! :)
We are teaching a mother and daughter named Debbie and Katie--Katie's the fairy girl (can see our fairies). Anyway, they are so great and we set a baptismal date with them on Sat. for Aug. 23, and Debbie actually came to church yesterday, which was a big step for her to even be in a church since her husband died 7 years ago (since then, she would only see his draped casket at the front of the church when she would go, so she stopped going). She said it was interesting and different, and because of her recent back surgery (and not being used to the length), the three hour block was a little long to her. We'll get her used to it though, it's so worth it! I love going to church, it's like 3 hours off from the world! How can you NOT like going to church?!
Uh..oh, yeah, I get a new companion tomorrow. I'm excited for the new companion idea, but I'm going to be training (yes, the blind will be leading the blind). Yep, my comp is going to be a brand new sister missionary straight from the MTC. Am I overwhelmed? Extremely, so if you all could pray for me, I would sincerely appreciate that.
I love you all, and I know that this is God's work, and He will make sure people can still be taught the gospel and be brought the amazing message of the restored truth into their lives, even if I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing....
Love, Sister Gurr
oh, Happy birthday Rosanna on friday!!! the big--I won't say it...:) And of course I remembered! You should be recieving something in the mail soon...
Camilley(and Jake)!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys to have another baby! And that was a very cute way of announcing it!
Sal and Joe--I'm still praying for you guys to get a baby, it'll come, Heavenly Father is so aware of you and knows you will be phoenomenal parents, it just must not be the right time. Who knows why, but I bet you'll be able to see why someday. Keep having that strong faith I know you have. I love you!
And cindy--congrats on the engagement!! Keep me posted, and thanks for the email! Love you!
Cher, where are you now?
PS--Today we went to the Nashville Zoo for Pday, so fun!! You all should come out here and go to it! ;)

No comments: