October 6, 2008
No, I am not going to jail. Yes, I have sent in the certificate that I forgot to send in (for those who don{t know what I{m talking about, after going to traffic school for my first speeding ticket ever (dang it), which now that I{ve confessed to more than my family, I{ll have to send the whole funny story out to everyone. But after traffic school I was supposed to take the certificate in after getting it in the mail, forgot to, and then got a notice at my home in SLC saying if I didn{t by Oct. 21, there would be a warrant out for my arrest. But don{t worry, it{s taken care of!) So yeah, Mom, you can stop worrying. Although, my comp and I of course joked about it, and I of course told her that that would have been the second time there was a warrant out for my arrest. How do I do that? We also joked that if I did go to jail, she would call President and say, "uh President? My companion is in jail, and there{s nothing in the white handbook on that. What should I do?" haha, we got a good laugh out of that.
Anyway, so no jail for me. Darn, that would have been a good story though.
Speaking of jail, with Alicia{s jail situation, turns out that she had to go to jail for some really unfair circumstances. So don{t judge her. :)
Camilley, thank you for your recent emails, loved them. And yes! I did love conference! Conference weekend was so great! It{s like a holiday for missionaries, we look forward to it for so long! And i actually can get your videos, just not sound. But i loved the one a while ago of Christian dancing, that was darling, even though I couldn{t hear it.
Sally and Joe! Congratulations!! I am sooooo excited for you guys!! And I LOVED the package and card and picture! (friends, my sister and bro'in'law are finally getting to adopt a baby!)
So this week was so so great! We had multiple awesome experiences (by the way, the symbols on this keyboard are all messed up, sorry):
We met and got a return appt. with this guy we met, David, in the WalMart checkout line a week or two ago, and he had just gotten out of jail, and didn{t seem that amazing of a prospect, so we went to teach him on wed. night, not really expecting much of the appt., but we got there and he and his cousin, Timmy, and their friend, Tanya, were on the porch eating. So we ended up going inside and teaching them and Tanya{s 2 kids, Savannah (12) and Brooke (11). And it turns out that Tanya was actually baptized like 10 years ago, then stopped going after her new husband didn{t want to go. But all of them were totally into the lesson and even the 12 year old was asking questions and stuff, and Tanya even bore her testimony, which was amazing, of going to church and how it feels so right, etc. They all wanted to come to all 4 sessions of conference (which ended up not happening because of a family emergency mostly I think, Timmy got in a bad accident), and we committed them all to read from the BOM and pray about it, and we soft committed them to baptism! And we gave them all a BOM (FIVE!)! Toward the end of the lesson we asked them how they felt, particularly the guys, and both of them said so good, and so happy, and David was like "let{s do this more often!" and we were like "We can arrange that". The spirit was so strong, and it was one of the most amazing experiences that I{ve had on my mission so far.
We also met this lady Erin. She is so friendly and so nice. We had been at a less active{s house, and asked who she knew that we should go talk to, and she mentioned that the sisters used to visit her neighbor across the street, but didn{t know if the lady still lived there (different lady now, I think). So we knocked on the door, and met Erin. We ended up talking to her for a little bit, and she started smoking, and I asked her if she had ever wanted to quit, and she was like YES, she wanted to quit so bad, and we told her about the stop smoking workshop that we do, and she was all for it. So 2 days later we came back with all the stuff for it and did it with her, and she was so touched that we cared enough about her to get the stuff (cinnamon toothpaste, cinnamon mouthwash, grapefruit juice, vitamin C, new toothbrush, cinnamon gum), and to come back and help her. She is so great and is so gung ho (?) about quitting. We are planning on starting to teach her the gospel tomorrow hopefully. But we are really excited about her.
And then Sandy, the one getting surgery, in fact that is today. But the elders came over with us the other day and gave her a blessing, and he commanded her spine to be healed in the blessing, and it was amazing. She had an amazing experience with it and the spirit, and she is so ready to just embrace the gospel. We just need to get her healed after this surgery so we can baptize her.
Anyway, out of time, but I love you all!
Love, Sis. Gurr
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment