August 25, 2008
So things are going well out in this here Tennessee. The lady, Donna, that we have been teaching again (round 2) came back to church yesterday, with one of her 3 children. She loved it, which was great. We feel that if her husband, Russ, wanted to be baptized, Donna would just jump in the water. So we are going to focus more on him and try to help him see the significance of the Gospel. He did tell us this last week that we are now in his "circle" (he's a little bit of an odd one, but we still love him:), which is major progress. He used to be against the church, which he has openly told us, and he isn't anymore. And he told us that he still will never convert to our church (we'll see about that), but he did readily commit to read from the BOM and pray about it. Go figure. :) Pray for him to be more open to the truth and to gaining a testimony of it.
Our friends, Debbie and Katie (mom and daughter), have been doing well. Katie was supposed to be baptized this coming sunday (her birthday), but didn't make it to church, again, yesterday. So we will post-pone her baptism again. It's killing me that she still hasn't come to church. She just sleeps in really late. But she always acts like she really wants to come and is going to make an effort to really get there the next sunday. We're not sure what to do with her at the moment. Debbie (the mom) has decided she needs to deal with her past for a minute, by re-visiting her church (presbyterian) for a couple weeks. She went yesterday and loved it. But she loves the BOM, loves us, so we're hoping this won't be a major upset in her progression in the gospel. Skipping church is never a good thing when one is working toward baptism though; Satan is really good at what he does and takes good advantage of those times. So please pray for Debbie to know this is the true church and for us to be able to work out Katie's issues/concerns.
We are continuing to be blessed to find more people to teach. Last night we were parking-lot contacting (can't go IN, it's sunday! :) and we didn't get any new investigators, but we got some great positive contacts and felt we made a good impression of the Church on people. Plus my companion (my greenie) was a lot more brave and outgoing with talking to people, so that was really good.
The Book of Mormon is amazing. I absolutely LOVE the Book! If any of you all are not reading it regularly, repent! God has blessed us with an amazing tool to make life so much easier, why not take advantage of that? Plus, it's true! I love the scriptures and I am so greatful for them.
This is God's Church, this I know.
Thank you all for your prayers and your support, I love you!
Love, Sister Gurr
PS--mom, where is Camryn going again? I forget. And that's so great that he is doing so well in the MTC!
pps--Jakey!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! For some reason I was thinking your bday was on the 29th, I'm so sorry! Sorry you didn't get a card. Bummer. But the card would have said basically that you are such a great bro-in-law and thank you for being so great to my sister and that you should write me. I love you!
And Rosanna, no, I've never been up to that camp since they finished it, it sounds fun though, that's great you get to use it next year.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment