Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hello from the MTC

Hello family and friends!!
This is our first p-day here at the mtc, and it is great to have some free time to write letters, eat snacks, and entertain ourselves with taking light-saber pictures in our room with scripture highlighter sticks. :) The MTC has been great so far--the first 3-4 days were a little rough, and everyone told us to just make it til Sunday, and they were right! Sunday was very busy as well, but it was a nice breath of fresh air with more study time and not so much rushing here and there. My comp, Sis. Fuller, is from Preston, ID, and she's awesome! We are a lot alike and have had a lot of fun together so far. We share the room with Sis. Beck and Sis. Harker, who are both also really great, from Magna and Shelly, ID. We all get along really really well and have fun laughing chatting together. Sis. Fuller and I cracked up uncontrollably during our companionship prayer last night for the first time, it was pretty funny. It was actually because she was thanking Heavenly Father for our district (2 companionships of elders, and us 2 companionships of sisters, so 8 missionaries for all you math majors out there) elders, who are all really really great, really respectable, they treat us so so well, and are all very nice, very sincere boys with great testimonies. They're all a little different, but in the best way possible. :) They really are all great! We love them. But anyway, that's why we started laughing. And because we decided what they say about once you are a missionary you are retarded because everything that shouldn't normally be funny is, because that's all you've got. :)
So anyway, the food is great--I'm hooked and have no self control, or portion-control for that matter. My favorite is that they have cereal that you can have for any and every meal! It's awesome! Marshmallow Maties is a common side dish for me lately.
I'm actually the only sister in our room out of us 4 sisters, that is going to Nashville. The other 3 are going to Tulsa, Oklahoma. So at least we're all going to the south (we're sad that I will be split up from them in a couple weeks).
Before i run out of time on this computer (we only get 30 min and then get kicked off), I have to mention a few things:
First, I believe I have accurately come to the conclusion of who in our family loves me the most, based on the mail I have received. Mom and Dad love me most because they not only gave me letters the day I went in, but they actually came with me to the MTC; next, Rosanna clearly loves me the most, along with her children, Megan and Simon (Rachel too, she just can't draw me murals yet), as she was the first in the family I quite happily got mail from, and as of now I have actually received 2 letters from. Thank you Kerrs for remembering and loving me! And thank you Megan and Simon for your great artwork! I love your pictures! And Megan, I'm so proud of you for giving a talk in primary!! Your mom said you weren't even nervous!! Good job! Next, Camille loves me most as she wrote me pretty quickly as well, thank you Merkleys! As for my other siblings, I am keeping faith that you still remember I am in your family and you love me, in spite of (or is it despite of, Sally?) your lack of correspondence. But no worries, regardless of that, I am actually holding the lead for getting mail in my district--way to go family and friends! You are all the best--keep up the good work! :)
Second, to answer some questions (mostly mom's and rosanna's), yes, they still call those little orange stickers we wear on the first day "dork dots"--thank goodness we only have to wear them one day. Rosanna, I did get that battery watch fixed, or so I thought (maybe I already told you this story at home...), but then it died again in the same night. Bummer--so I didn't bring it. I was excited to hear the update on your guys' living room, I bet the crowning looks great! Keep me updated!
We do get to go outside, just mainly in between class and meals, and on our way home, etc. There are roofs over all the walkways, so if the sun is out and we are outside, we like to step out into it for a blissful moment on our way back to class and reminisce of the days when feeling the sun on your face was normal. The things you take for granted...:)
Mom, thanks for the copy of my call, and for the letters and for the temple thing. I really appreciate it. As for sending me clothes, I'll still let you know. Yeah, I just paid for the shot with the cash--if i gave them my insurance info would they cover it, cuz i can. Let me know asap.
Brittani and Cindy--thank you for the mail!!! I loved your letters and your updates! Keep them coming! And tell Jared thanks for his letter! His was the first one I got here, and tell him i'm totally going to beat his banana-eating record of 54 bananas in the mtc--i'm on 19 so far. :)
Tell peter hi, I should write him. Is his elbow ok? I've been wondering...
I love you all!! Gotta go!!!
Sister Gurr

No comments: