Hey y'all,
So this week was a good one. We finally got to sit down and teach this awesome golden/elect that a member found for us while doing door sales. His name is Kevin, he's from Trinidad and England and he's black. He was taught by Elders for a while I guess in Trinidad, but we're still not sure why he was never baptized. Oh well, we'll do it! :) But he is sooo golden and sooo elect, which is what we're in the business for. He said he knows the BOM is true and he kept going on and on about how it coincides so well with the Bible. It was amazing.
Our mission goal for Nov. was 70 baptisms, and with 2 fasts in the month, we baptized 64 and confirmed 58 I think (are the numbers so far). We set a new record for this mission though, which is pretty dang awesome! So now to meet the standard set by the first presidency to double baptisms, we are shooting for about 100 in dec. So pray hard for us for that... Thanks!
This week I was surprised to meet again with my old comp and trainer, Sis. Arnell. Long story short, she is now dating seriously the son of the people we lived with in Franklin. Oh, and the son is in my ward now, here in M'boro. Yeah, ironic. It was a little bit weird, to say the least, to see her at church, holding hands in sunday school, and then to eat dinner with them, on my bday. Ha! Yeah, little awkward. Anyway, it made for a really good funny story! And that's what life's all about, right?
The work is going good here, the church is true and the BOM is amazing!!
I love you all, love,
Sister Gurr
PS--Funny story, on Thanksgiving, my day started at 4:20 am when I rolled over in bed and fell out onto the floor. See, my top mattress is light-weight and kindof thin and it slides a little bit, and it had slid off some, so when I rolled over, I was off the bed and then immediately on the floor. But on the way down i knocked over my wooden bedside table with my neck and face, which sent it falling down, knocking the plastic drawers next to it over and everything crashed. Sis. buhler woke up to the crash with me on the floor with my neck and chin in pain. She was so kind though, and said sleepily, "are you okay?" "yeah", "do you need any help?" "no, i'll do it in the morning" (everything was all over the floor). I just tipped my wooden table back up, put my clock on it, pushed my mattress back to the wall, and got back in bed. It wasn't that funny then, but we cracked up about it the next morning. Ha! That was the first time i've ever actually fell out of bed! (the pic of me on the bed is the after math, in the morning, after I had been running, hence why I look frightening)
But it was our preparation day, so we cleaned and grocery shopped at Wal-Mart, and then we were fed and taken care of very well by members and hung out at their houses, cuz we had the whole day off. Then we watched the Work and the Glory with Alicia and Roland, which we had permission to do. It was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment